Monday, April 7, 2008

You are under a looking glass!

So I am just winding down for bed and it is late! Tommy has duty, which means he has to stay overnight at work, so here I am.  I have been cleaning and doing laundry because I had a bunch of Savages at my house and my in-laws arrive Tuesday morning.
Well I have several things on my mind tonight as I sit here and get ready to go to sleep.   First, I got this email which is quite disturbing.  Now I have never been one to watch Oprah, but she is endorsing something that is leading millions into false religion and ultimately Hell.  I watched this and my heart is broken for these people who are falling for this.  Watch the U-TUBE video that comes up.   http://www.carringtonsteele.citymax.com/page/page/5776487.htm  After watching this I hope you all will take a minute to pray for these people who are following this. 
Secondly, I just want to say I sat in church tonight and I was just completely blessed.  The song special touched my heart very deeply and it was just wonderful.  And the Icing is that there was a great sermon to follow that was very encouraging.  Plus, I sat behind a family I really enjoy.  Now, I have not got the opportunity to spend time with this family yet, but I have observed them for a while-not in a judging way- but just a learning way.  I love to watch families and how they act and react to one another.  I just love that the Lord is giving Tommy and I so many families to learn so much from.  I learn by asking, watching, listening to the way these parents talk to their children, discipline their children and love their children.  I love the contentness I always see on these particular faces.  The parents seem to be in one accord and the kids so loving and eager.    I don't know why I felt like sharing this, but I just want you ALL to know you have been an encouragement to me.  Thank you for being great examples and thank you for taking us in as part of your family.  It helps a whole lot when your own family is so far away.  I love learning from you all and I appreciate the willingness to help and answer questions. You all are an inspiration, and remember I have you under my looking glass!  HAHA...I am kidding.  Good Night. 

1 comment:

Jenny said...

What a great post. I love reading about what others get out of a messsage or a service... because sometimes you just never know what others are thinking. What is a blessing to me is sometimes not as much to my husband... and then sometimes he gets so much out of a message that I had trouble following.

You are a blessing to me as I see your teachable spirit and a heart that wants to learn. I was the same way as a younger mother and I asked TONS of questions and soaked up all I could. I just wanted to learn from others' experiences and hear all the different ways that people do things. I believe that God loves a teachable, humble spirit and I believe He will really bless you for that. It's refreshing and a blessing to see a teachable spirt. :)